You might have heard of the people who get to experience app features and updates beforehand of its release. Yes, you heard it right and such people are known as Beta Testers. The apps allow a few individuals to test their upcoming updates and features to get real reviews before releasing the new update. Just like this WhatsApp Beta Testers are the same they also test the WhatsApp upcoming updates beforehand.
We all want to experience new things as soon as possible or before others. And if you’re looking to become a WhatsApp Beta Tester to get to experience the WhatsApp updates before their release. Then you’re at the right stop here in this article we will be going to tell you how you can become a WhatsApp Beta Tester.
But before talking about the process to become a beta tester. Let us first talk about what exactly it means to be a beta tester below.
What Exactly is WhatsApp Beta Tester?
WhatsApp is one of the best and most popular messaging apps around the world. It has billion of active users that uses the app daily. But what is Beta Tester? If you don’t know about it then read this section and know what it means to be a beta tester.
You might know that before rolling out any updates an app first rolls out its early access. Only a few get this early access is an unstable updated version that has many flaws and is needed to be reviewed before release.
To review such unstable or early access updates app companies hire a few individuals or select them to test it. These people test the app beforehand its release and point out the problems in it. They are also known as Beta Testers as the early access app is commonly known as a beta variant of the app.
Just like any other app out there WhatsApp also has such testers known as WhatsApp Beta Testers. There are thousands of people who wanted to become a WhatsApp Beta Tester but the company can only hire a few.
So whenever the slots become vacant WhatsApp hires more people. And to apply for the post you need to first register for a Beta Tester program if there is any empty slot then WhatsApp will give you early access to the app and you will be able to test the beta version of WhatsApp.
How to Become a WhatsApp Beta Tester?
Now that we know what is Beta Tester now it’s time to discuss how to become a Beta Tester. To become a WhatsApp Beta Tester follow the step-by-step guide given below:
- First open Web Browser on your PC/Mobile.
- Copy and paste the following link into the web browser: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.whatsapp.
- Now you will be redirected to the WhatsApp Beta Tester page just scroll down and click on the “Become a Tester” button.
- Now login with the same email which you used in your Google Play Store.
- Once you click on the button you will get a message like “Welcome to Testing Program You are now a Tester”. The success message shows that you successfully enrolled in the Beta Program.
Note: The success message shows on the screen even when there are no empty slots. So if you don’t get any confirmation within 24 hrs then you need to apply again after a few days.
- After successfully enrolling in the beta program you need to wait for up to 24 hrs for WhatsApp confirmation.
- If you want to confirm if you got accepted or rejected just go to the above link again. If you get the message “Welcome to the testing program” then that means you have successfully become a tester.
- Now go to your Google Play Store and search for WhatsApp.
- You will see that the WhatsApp update is now available and the name has changed to Whatsapp Messenger(Beta).
- Just update the app and you will get a Beta update of the app or we can say early access.
After following the above steps you will be able to successfully Become a WhatsApp Beta Tester.
How to Leave Beta Tester Program?
If you can enroll as a beta tester then you can also opt out of the program. Just follow the below-given guide to opt out or leave the WhatsApp Beta Program.
- Open Google Play Store on your phone.
- Search for WhatsApp.
- Go to the WhatsApp App installer.
- Now scroll a bit down until you see a Beta tester section.
- Under the Beta Tester section, you will see an option “Leave”.
- Just click on it and you will successfully opt out of the WhatsApp Beta program.
In the above article, we discuss “How to Become a WhatsApp Beta Tester”. But in case you still have doubts and want our further guidance then feel free to contact us anytime. We will try to reach out and help you as soon as possible.
Also Read: How to Disable Internet Only for WhatsApp?